Friday, March 23, 2012

Insomnia

Across the room, Sis makes noises that sound like she is talking in her sleep. I can't make out what she is saying.

Moo and Hen are a floor up, likely talking until their voices fade to slumber.

I said goodnight to Travis and have been in bed for over an hour but I can't sleep. I thought this might happen, but didn't realize how wide awake I could be after watching the clock, counting sheep, staring at the ceiling, and changing positions from stomach to side to back.

We have to be up early tomorrow. Drifter has settled into his stall at Paul's. He traveled well. It was cute when I spoke with Travis this afternoon to hear Jake vocalizing over the phone. He wasn't too thrilled that we left without him.

I am looking forward to what will happen in the arena with Buck. My mind is flooded with memories of last year and I wonder how it can possibly be topped.

There's a level of intimidation to set foot in there—but it isn't a competition. I am here to learn and not to show. Everything is for me to gain if I leave my pride to disintegrate into the wind that blows through the saguaros.

No comments:

Post a Comment